title
Manuals and Support for Cash Registers and Scales
FORUMS:      * Login    * Search

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:18 am 

hi all

i bought a manual from checkout tech for a ecr-545 in order to change the tax's on it from (ontario canada) PST+GST to the new HST

unfortunately following the instructions in the manual on changing the tax's DOESN'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL.

after trying 100times i got skepical when the manual mentioned shift-4 key, yet, there is no shift-4 key on the register.

i managed to update all the prices just fine, i managed to update the date and time just fine, yet the tax info is unchange no matter what i do.

i tried changing the tax to gross,nothing
i tried changing the tax to net... nothing again..
i tried changing the amount of tax.. nothing..
i tried changing the tax exemptions for food under $4.00 .. nothing
i tried renaming the tax to print as HST.. nothing

does anyone have a clue how to change the taxes on these registers.. because the manual couldn't be more unclear .. and more incorrect.

i need this in straight tax mode.. 13%HST with no tax for totals under $4 for food items and 10% for all alcohol items (i'm only selling tax exempt food and booze)

... and i already new how to change the date and prices before buying the manual.. the ONLY reason i bought it was for the taxes... a waist apparently.

currently pricing a new casio register if i can't get this figured.. i know how they work better.. and there's nobody local who re-programmes sanyo's anymore. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:39 am 

Hi. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the manual. Since it caters for Tax tables and VAT, the manual should normally cover all world variants.
Lets see if we can sort it out for you.

Tax shift 4 is an option in case you have 4 taxes in your area. There are only three set up on the standard layout and the fourth can be added as this is a flexible type keyboard where buttons can be added and removed by programming.

Firstly, have you changed the tax status link for the PLUs? they will probably be linked to TAX1, TAX2 and TAX3 currently. This is separate from the rate, limits etc. Make sure they are linked the way you are setting the new taxes. E.g. If you are having HST on TAX1 and alcohol on TAX2, then make sure the food PLUs are linked to TAX1 and alcohol PLUs to TAX2 (If I understand your taxes correctly). This is part of the PLU programming section. If you are not sure how, just let me know.

To change the tax name (descriptor),

Turn key to P mode,
44 SUBTOTAL, then type the new name, then press the tax shift button for the tax to be changed, then NO SALE
If this doesn't work, sometimes you have to change it in section 69 called "descriptor for the items on Report". Try the setting there using the code from the tables for tax 1,2,3 if the 44 SUBTOTAL command doesn't change the name.

Also, to check which taxes are currently programmed, turn the key to X mode and press each TAX SHIFT button. It should print the current settings for each tax so you can see if your programming is taking effect.

Let me know how you get on.