title
Manuals and Support for Cash Registers and Scales
FORUMS:      * Login    * Search

All times are UTC

Post subject: Casio TK 1550 neelp help
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 pm 

Is there any soft ware for programing this unit with a computer?
getting or generating detail report items sold inventory control ect
is there a key board lay out designer program for print the flat 72 key in words and color
is there a good support help line for this unit?
Need help asap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:03 am 

Hi. I haven't worked with this model, but it is similar to a few others that I know well.
Casio don't usually have inventory software for low end models such as this one since the software is usually too expensive for small companies to afford and the register is too limited to support the features and memory etc that the software needs. Most software is written for the QT series, not the low end TK models. There may be a package that a local software house has made, so you can check with a Casio dealer in your area. However, be prepared to pay $1000 or more if it is a serious comprehensive back office package.

That said, you don't need any software at all to use it as a normal cash register. Almost everything can be programmed on the cash register itself and the daily reports (in Z mode) can show you a break down of stock sold for that day straight off the register's own printer. Check your manual to see if it will do what you want. Otherwise, you may need to move up into the serious commercial range if you need major stock control features.

If you need a few tips on programming, just ask. We also have the TK-1550 user/ programming manual here:
http://the-checkout-tech.com/manuals/ca ... anual.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:28 pm 

Thanks for the reply and i require more help!
This manual isn't any help Maybe i am an idiot but i don't follow it at all !!!!
Thanks to two you tube videos I found SE 2000 example i was finally able get it programed for my pricing and was able to get each one of the 72 flat keys was able to get them to a word item using the 1 and 2 and sub total buttons so am starting to
understand it a bit but i still can NOT figure out a few things

I feel this unit will work just fine for our biz we run a mobile food concession trailer and travel 5 states so

Question 1
Menu levels or menu shift??? I am assuming that each one of the 72 flat buttons can have 3 different pricing levels for each ????
if that is the case that be great How is that done
please give step by step example

question 2
How do i reset the grand total to zero? when i go to the Z key it prints out the total prices and quantity for each dept But it keeps the Grand total
so far the only way i found was to unplug it and remove the batteries grant it i have to reprogram the time and clock pricing and product name still remains but there got to be another way to do that to zero the grand total HOW IS THAT DONE

question 3

setting the clock to 12 hour verses 24 hour how is that done

question 4

tax rate I only want to have the tax total show up on the grand total on the Z report
how is that done i will need to change this from time to time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 pm 

Okay,
The clock is 24hr only. Almost all cash registers are 24hr only. Don't ask me why. It bugs me too. Must be cost cutting.

The grand total is not supposed to reset. It is called an NRGT (non resettable grand total). It is there to keep a constant total of everything the register has done since the batteries were removed (like an odometer in a car). This stops fraud as no one can sneak a daily reset to tweak the totals. It sounds like you are trying to use the GT as a Gross or net total. These should already be on the report and they reset each time. If you don't need a GT, just ignore it. On some models, you can stop the GT from printing on reports. I'll see if this one can do it.

I'll have to look up the level programming as I haven't done it on this model. Will get back to you shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:51 am 

The Grand total I understand not be able to reset it and why its just that in testing it our selfes and playing with it to get it ready and ect we ran up 50 grand in sales playing and testing it and practicing with it when we finally install it and use it for real business we want it at Zero and would like to restart it at zero for next year so i guess we will just have to pull the batteries to do that
its just me and my wife we don't have employees
I am going to try to attach a picture of our trailer
for viewing so you know what we have and trying to use it for and why we want it set up
SIMPLICITY is every thing here

we have some events that are going to require a cash register they want the Z receipt
tape as they want a percentage of the Net sales /minus Gross sale state taxes
I bought this unit cuz it say 3 menu levels and it would be nice to set One menu level with this
formula that i can change the percentage
and sale tax rate

Ill wait for your reply

But just for the tech talk viewers that read this I feel the TK 1550 is a good for the price pending on what one wants it to do for us it will simplify what we are doing or way we have done in it the past
the receipt now will function as a kitchen order work ticket plus it will add up all sale and quantity sold
it would have been nice to have inventory control but we can count and ad and subtract to figure out what we have left and need to order
more to come on this Have to run thanks ill be stopping back
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am 

To turn off GT print on reports,

Turn key to program
SUBTOTAL
SUBTOTAL
CASH
SUBTOTAL

To use the 3 menu shift levels, the machine should have been setup for PLUs instead of departments. the dealer would normally do this for you when you bought it, so you need to check if it has departments or PLUs on the flat keys. You also need to allocate the menu shift button if it is not already on your keyboard.
Let me know how it is currently set and we can go to the next step

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:00 pm 

Ok the menu shift key is on the key all ready
I am only wanting to use the flat 72 keys
when i push that button i get a 2 or 3 and it shows up above the Pricing and the Blank is level one which i have programed already

if i am on the PGMX and hit the sub total twice in a row ir prints plu 1 to 200 report so i believe the plu are also program but i have NOTHING programed there and all comes out ZERO's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 pm 

In that case, your machine has not been correctly configured by the dealer for multiple levels. I'll send you some information on this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:37 am 

HELP>>>The manual for this is not very good in explaining how to do something!

First I need to allocate the flat plu and menu shift key

allocating age key

allocating tip key

employee clock in and clock out (date/time)

Please help

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 am 

Go to program 4
For the function keys, just type the function code number from the list in the keyboard layout change section, then press the button that you wish to change. press SUBTOTAL to finish.

For flat PLUs, type the PLU number first, so for the first PLU, type 1 then the function code for flat PLUs, then press the button on the rubber keypad where you would like it. SUBTOTAL to finish.

Note: If you have not reset daily or periodic reports, you may not be able to change the departments into PLUs as the machine may lock them until the reports have been cleared. Some function buttons may also be locked until reports have been reset.