title
Manuals and Support for Cash Registers and Scales
FORUMS:      * Login    * Search

All times are UTC

Post subject: TE-4000F help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:54 am 

Hi. I have some problems with TE-4000F cash register so i am seeking help.

1. Everytime when the cash register lost power, the register is stop working. Then i try to switch off/on
for serveral times, the register just not turn on. To solve the issue, i need to take register to repair center
and it cost m few hundred dollars to fix. Are there any way to solve the issue?

2. For some reason that the receipt buttom on the keypad is stop working. When i press the buttom after the sales,
the screen shows E053 CHK/TBL No. is not open. I had go through the user guide and i still have no idea how to program it
back to normal. Anyone can able to give me instruction ( step by step ) so i can just configure the register and
make it working again.

Any help will be appreciate. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: TE-4000F help
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:02 am 

There are several reasons why TE-4000f registers lock up like you are experiencing. I can't believe the repairer can not fix the problem.
Firstly, make sure the internal battery has been replaced. They only last around 5 years, so yours is probably due for replacement. It is a special Vanadium Pentoxide Lithium battery but it is not too expensive. In US dollars, the battery would probably cost $30 max + labour to fit it. The program does not have to be lost when changing the battery. It is a simple procedure. If you can let me know what the repairer has done so far, I may be able to give more help.

To set the receipt button to the keyboard,
turn key to program mode.
SUBTOTAL
Press the RECEIPT button
SUBTOTAL
Turn key back to REG mode

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 am 

c-tech wrote:
There are several reasons why TE-4000f registers lock up like you are experiencing. I can't believe the repairer can not fix the problem.
Firstly, make sure the internal battery has been replaced. They only last around 5 years, so yours is probably due for replacement. It is a special Vanadium Pentoxide Lithium battery but it is not too expensive. In US dollars, the battery would probably cost $30 max + labour to fit it. The program does not have to be lost when changing the battery. It is a simple procedure. If you can let me know what the repairer has done so far, I may be able to give more help.

To set the receipt button to the keyboard,
turn key to program mode.
SUBTOTAL
Press the RECEIPT button
SUBTOTAL
Turn key back to REG mode

This is Smallwhale.. I just try to login with Smallwhale account but its keep tell ing me wrong password.
I had a this register for more than 5 years and it
only happen twice. When the register lost power without switch off the machine. The machine will
stop working. So i need to take it to repaire centre to fix it and it cost more than AUD 300 dollars.
That is why i am seeking for help. The place i took the machine back yesterday. I believe they are ripped me
off. They only make the register working and change power supply and they charge me aud 550 for
3 hours job. They said because its urgent so i need to pay more. Expensive. If i learn how to switch on
by myself so it will save me lots of $$$ in future.

With the receipt function. Thank you for the tip. However, i make mass on the register this morning so
i decide to visit support center for help. They give me a instruction that you just wrote
on the fourm. If i didnt do anything stupid, i will save another 30 dollars for the tiny mistake i made.

By the way, thank you so much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:45 am 

I have never had to replace a power supply in a TE4000f. They have been 100 percent reliable in my experience so I am surprised if that was the problem. The most common problem is the main PC board. They are known to be unstable sometimes in the TE4000f. Some of them are perfect for their whole life, some last a few years and fail, others have been terrible from the start. You may have an unstable board in your machine if turning the power off and on causes it (assuming the battery is okay like I said). If it locks up again, let me know and we can try some tests.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:53 am 

Strange.. I had follow the receipt set up instruction

Key to PGM
Press 4
Press Sub Total
Press Receipt Buttom
Press Sub Total
Turn to Reg

However, the receipt buttom still show E053. Do you have any idea whats wrong with it.
I check with User Guide and it said add Check can be solve the issue.
Im totally lost...

Its very annoy that the cash register become so slow at the moment. Once i scan the item, it takes 5 seconds
to appear on the screen. However, after press cash button, that the draw is out immediately. Are there
any setting to adjust the speed?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:58 pm 

You forgot to type 38 before pressing the receipt button. Have a look at the instructions I gave you again.

If you have a scanner on it (scanning file enabled), then the main PC board problem shows the fault even worse. It sounds like the repair company did not fix the problem completely.
If it is running slow, the RAM may have been slightly corrupted when it locked up. The machine should be backed up to avoid losing all of your programmed scanning items, then it should be fully RAM cleared and the program restored. It might pay you to go back to the repairer and tell them it is no good since they have worked on it.

Do you use a computer with Casio software to manage your scanning items, or do you enter new items into the machine itself?

If the repair company try to charge you again, let me know and I will try to help you but it sounds like you have a main board problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:54 pm 

c-tech wrote:
You forgot to type 38 before pressing the receipt button. Have a look at the instructions I gave you again.

If you have a scanner on it (scanning file enabled), then the main PC board problem shows the fault even worse. It sounds like the repair company did not fix the problem completely.
If it is running slow, the RAM may have been slightly corrupted when it locked up. The machine should be backed up to avoid losing all of your programmed scanning items, then it should be fully RAM cleared and the program restored. It might pay you to go back to the repairer and tell them it is no good since they have worked on it.

Do you use a computer with Casio software to manage your scanning items, or do you enter new items into the machine itself?

If the repair company try to charge you again, let me know and I will try to help you but it sounds like you have a main board problem.

Sorry to write it incorrectly. I follow the instruction that you gave me and tech gave me.
After complete the steps, the register still shows E053 on the screen. Does it mean that
i have to reset the register and restore the files to make it working perfectly?

Its running slow when i start the new transcation. It takes about 3-5 seconds to appear on the screen.
After scan 2nd items, the register react immediately without delay.

new problem. I did follow the receipt reset again.
For some reason, the receipt print out from cash register show
RCT 0004-02
0-013-038
What happen is when i press CA/AMT
The screen appear orange then nothing happen
At this stage, i need to press chk/tend to make draw open

There might be some program had been set incorrect by repaire company.
Anyway to fix? If cant, i guess i need to reset the register setting and
plan to buy new one which i dont feel want to..

Thank you so much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 am 

Finally, my wife start to angry about this mess cause by the repair center.
So she called another guy to come and fix the cash register on site.
At the moment, all the errors are been fix and its operate as normal condition.
Except that when i change clerk, i need to sign off the clerk 1st before use other clerk number.
For example, If i want to change from clerk 1 to clerk.
Then i need to sign off clerk 1 then press clerk 3.

C-tech, thank you for helping me.
I'm very appreciate.
Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 am 

Okay. You are getting somewhere now, thats good. Sounds like the new person might know what they are doing.
If the machine is running at normal speed now, it may have been a setting problem. Hopefully your main board is okay.

The machine can be set to sign off a clerk after each sale so that you must sign on before each new sale. Is that what you wanted? Otherwise you use 0 CLK to sign off.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:48 am 

c-tech wrote:
Okay. You are getting somewhere now, thats good. Sounds like the new person might know what they are doing.
If the machine is running at normal speed now, it may have been a setting problem. Hopefully your main board is okay.

The machine can be set to sign off a clerk after each sale so that you must sign on before each new sale. Is that what you wanted? Otherwise you use 0 CLK to sign off.

The new person mentions that there were (must be) something wrong with memory allocated inside the cash register.
Thats might be the reason that the register is playing up with me. Now, its ready to use as normal. The main
board still okey as the register perform normally.

Instead of press 0 --> clerk to sign of the clerk. I remember that i can change the clerk during the sales transcation
without sign off. For example, If i use Clerk 1 and scan $10 item then i press clerk 2 for another transcation. After the sales,
i press clerk 1 and it still shows $10 as the memory still save the previous purchase. I hope you know what i mean
but the tech say its relate to memory setting (i guess) so i would just leave it aside as i dont want to damage the
register again! :)